Free access to training for parents/carers via AIM
We have free access to training for parents/carers of children in our school via AIM
Due to Government Funding in the Adult Education Budget, we have access to several FREE online Level 2 CACHE/TQUK/NCFE accredited courses available to help understand some key issues around young people’s mental health and wellbeing.
With over 30 courses to choose from, you can access accredited training on:
- Understanding Autism (learn how individuals process sensory information, understand characteristics, understand conditions, learn how speech, language and communication differ in people with Autism)
- Understanding Children and Young Peoples Mental Health (Understand factors which may affect Young Peoples mental health, the impact that they have and how to support them with these issues)
- Understanding Behaviour That Challenges (supporting positive behaviour, effective communication & how to manage challenging behaviour)
- Understanding Specific Learning Difficulties (understand characteristics of ADHD, ADD, Dyslexia & Dyscalculia, importance of early diagnosis, assessment methods available to diagnose learning difficulties)
- Adverse Childhood Experiences (Exploring childhood and family structure, Introduction to adverse childhood experiences, Developing strategies to improve outcomes)
The qualifications are completed within a 10-week period; the duration is completely dependent on each learner’s ability as to how fast they complete and how many hours it takes. There are no exams, essays or end-point assessments however these are NOT ‘short courses’ as they are equivalent to a GCSE Grade C. You may do as many as you like, just one at a time. The only criteria the learner must meet to be eligible, is the following:
- Aged 19 or over on or before 31st August 2021
- Have lived in the UK/EU for 3+ years
- Not already on a Government funded course (Apprenticeship for example)
If you are interested in undertaking one of these free online courses, then please complete the following link – here. This will then allow you to complete a quick registration.
Posted by marchesadmin on 10th February 2022, under Uncategorised
Previous Post: Christmas Celebrations
Next Post: EYFS experience fun dress up and banquet day!